As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Copper is one of the oldest materials known to man. Since its earliest creation it’s been molded and adapted for a variety of different purposes and we still see it used heavily throughout the home.
Copper is prevalent in our kitchens more than you may think. A lot of piping is still done with copper and it’s often used for kitchen utensils or cookware. The reason copper is, and continues to be so popular is the quality it brings.
Table Of Contents
- Top Copper Sink Reviews
- Sinkology Adams Handmade Farmhouse Single Bowl Sink
- Sinkology Rockwell Farmhouse Double Bowl Kitchen Sink
- Sinkology SK202-30AC Transitional Orwell Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
- MR Direct 911 Offset Double Bowl Copper Kitchen Sink
- Fossil Blu Luxury Copper Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
- Monarch Abode 17090 Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
- Durability of Copper Sinks
- Advantages of Copper Sinks
- Brands that Product Copper Sinks
- Final Thoughts on Copper Sinks
Top Copper Sink Reviews
Copper is durable and adaptable making it well suited for kitchen sinks. It’s strong enough to handle heavy wear and tear without issue, but also versatile enough to be used for different shapes and models. It’s also one of the best materials to recycle meaning you can use it again and again in the home.
One of the best features of a copper sink is the aesthetics. Copper can give a real touch of beauty to your kitchen with a distinctive stand out style. It really gives character to your sink, which in turn adds to the entire look and feel of your kitchen. Plus it’s resistant to rust and corrosion unlike stainless steel, which is perfect for a piece of kit that deals predominantly with water.
In this article we’ll explore some of the best copper sinks on the market and what makes them stand out. We’ll also look at some of the advantages of copper sinks and hopefully give you an idea of their usefulness, and ultimately why you may want one in your home.
Sinkology Adams Handmade Farmhouse Single Bowl Sink
Sinkology are well known for their expertise with copper and they have a wide range of high performing copper kitchen sinks. The Sinkology Adams Handmade Farmhouse Single Bowl Sink is recognizable and instantly makes you take notice in all the right ways. It looks and feels great, adding a lot of class to your kitchen.
This sink is 33 inches long, 22 inches wide and 9.5 inches deep. All of that translates into a lot of volume, allowing you to make maximum use to move all dirty dishes from surface tops or just have large trays or pans soaking in there. It’s rectangular with a farmhouse apron front that works well in a traditional styled home.
Sinkology Adams Copper Sink Key Features:
- Handmade Quality: Sinkology use a process for this sink that guarantees quality. The metal is hammered, by hand, and tempered to get the shape, style and dimensions just right. The manufacturer takes pride in their craft and it certainly shows through with the finished product.
- Thick Copper: Whenever you’re shopping for a copper sink you should always consider the gauge, or thickness. This sink is 16 gauge which means it’s one of the thickest available on the market. This adds to the overall quality of the piece but also makes it much more durable, so you’re much more likely to have a sink that stands the test of time.
- Versatile: This sink is large enough that is can deal with high volumes, but also small enough that it won’t overpower the space. This makes it suitable for small, medium or large kitchens and is definitely built to be as useful as possible in the kitchen arena.
Sinkology Adams User Reviews:
When buying any new product for your home you should always consider the user feedback because this is where the most revealing truths will often be. When shopping for something as crucial as a kitchen sink this rule applies even more. This copper kitchen sink has over 90% user satisfaction rate and there are a lot of positive reviews. Users seem particularly impressed with the style of this sink and how beautiful it looks in the home.
Some negative reviews are from users who have issues with staining. Copper is generally very resistant to scratching or denting but can be susceptible to staining. You should always avoid using chemical cleaners that are too strong as these can leave marks that can’t be removed. Overall however, this product does really well with the users and this should give you confidence if you’re considering it.
Sinkology offer a lifetime warranty on this sink. This protects the whole unit from any material or manufacturers defects, but won’t cover user wear and tear. This is fairly standard in the industry but a nice guarantee against any problems with the sink.
Copper sinks are generally more expensive than other models and you would expect to pay around $750 for this one. Considering the materials, look, feel and functionality of this sink this is quite good value and it’s definitely an investment in a beautiful home product. If you want a sink that will garner compliments from guests regularly then this is definitely the one for you.
- Included in Kit: Copper Kitchen Sink and Copper CareIQ Kit
- Expertly crafted from the finest 16-gauge pure solid copper and finished by hand to make it uniquely...
- Extra large inner bowl capacity of 30 inches x 19 inches helps make cleanup easy
Sinkology Rockwell Farmhouse Double Bowl Kitchen Sink
The Sinkology Rockwell Farmhouse Double Bowl Kitchen Sink offers a lot more utility than a single bowl, simply because it literally gives you more space. In a lot of units one bowl will be smaller than the other, but Sinkology have opted to space these evenly. This allows you to use them together and while you can leave dishes soaking in one you can continue to use the other.
This copper kitchen sink is another striking piece that looks incredible. It’s simple, sturdy and heavyweight but it does the job just as well as it needs to. At 33 inches long, 22 inches wide and 9 inches deep you have a lot of room to play around and this kitchen sink will stand up to heavy use. It’s well suited for a busy, but simple, kitchen that needs another piece to help it come together.
Sinkology Rockwell Farmhouse Key Features:
- Vintage Style: Style isn’t the first thing everyone goes to when considering a kitchen sink, but realistically it is important. The Sinkology Rockwell Farmhouse kitchen sink offers a vintage look that separates it from any generic stainless steel alternatives. It’s a great asset for a traditional, old school home, but can also really liven up a modern set up.
- Corrosion Resistant: Your kitchen sink will be dealing with large volumes of water on a daily basis and you need to know it won’t be susceptible to rust or corrosion. This copper sink is completely rust resistant and unlike other copper equipment it won’t turn green over time.
- Easy Installation: The last thing anybody wants is to get a brand new sink and have to wait weeks to have it installed. Sinkology have made this model really easy to do yourself and it’s just a drop in mount. Everything you need is included and you could be up and running in 30 mins. Do bear in mind though that this is solid copper and may be heavy. If you’re not feeling confident then make sure you ask somebody with experience for assistance.
Sinkology Copper Rockwell Reviews:
Over 80% of users seem very pleased with this double bowl kitchen sink, and positive reviews praise both the quality of the thick metal and the coloring of the copper. Some users have had issues with the copper staining very quickly and I think expectations have to be managed. Copper is prone to staining and you shouldn’t be surprised to see it happen over time. While it might not look flawless, it will still stand out, plus it should not happen within the first few years of owning the product. Overall this sink rates very highly with customers which is very encouraging.
Sinkology also offer a lifetime limited warranty on this kitchen sink. Again, this covers the full unit but not any damage or changes done through wear and tear. As staining is natural for the copper it generally won’t be covered but it is worth familiarising yourself with the policy so you know what the situation is if anything arises.
Priced at around $700 there is a lot of value to be had here. It’s a heavy duty sink with two basins to make it as useful as possible to the user. On top of that it’s got that copper style which helps improve the look of almost any kitchen. This is a premium, high end product at a mid range price and is definitely one to consider.
- Commercial Grade - 16 Gauge Pure Solid Copper .063 - .068 thickness
- Will NOT turn green with typical indoor use
- 36-inch minimum cabinet base recommended
Sinkology SK202-30AC Transitional Orwell Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
At face value, the Transitional Orwell Single Bowl Kitchen Sink may look simple but there is an awful lot of quality underpinning it. This is one of the best made sinks available anywhere, copper or otherwise, and Sinkology have outdone themselves in putting it together. The copper has been hammered by hand to ensure consistency throughout the whole sink.
At 30 inches long, 18 inches wide and 8 inches deep, this sink is smaller than alternatives but is still well suited for medium sized kitchens that see frequent use. It’s lighter than other copper sinks, at 28 pounds, making it much easier to install and adjust as needed. This sink is designed to give a seamless link in the countertop, allowing you to blend it into your existing set up.
Sinkology SK202-30AC Copper Review:
- Very High Quality: The quality of the Sinkology Orwell kitchen sink is down to the purity of the materials. Sinkology have used commercial grade copper which is pure and has a 16 gauge thickness. This gives the whole sink a robust feel, but also means it will last longer even under heavy use.
- Easy to Maintain: Copper can be tricky in some cases to maintain and keep clean. Sinkology have kept it simple here by using a finish which is resistant to any spots or stains building up. All you’ll need is soap and water to clean this sink and if you do it regularly, it should stop any long term issues.
- Hand Finished Drain: The drain is one of the most crucial elements of any sink, and Sinkology have not cut any corners. The drain has been finished by hand to ensure complete consistency and quality throughout. This helps ensure that water drains quickly and effectively so you can make the most of the sink.
SK202-30AC Sinkology Reviews:
The user feedback on this product is impressive with over 91% of those who own the product indicating they are satisfied. The positive feedback centers around the overall quality of the piece and how well it’s been built.
Some negative reviews have complained that the item arrived to them damaged or in a poor state. This is absolutely unacceptable and to protect yourself you should examine the whole product top to bottom upon arrival. This will allow you to raise the issue early and hopefully achieve resolution as quickly as possible. These do seem to be isolated incidents thankfully, and overall people seem really pleased with the sink.
Sinkology have covered this sink with the lifetime limited warranty. This is always useful and it’s nice to have a guarantee against any defects that might occur.
This kitchen sink is priced at under $500 which means there’s a lot of value to be had here. It’s a very well made unit that should have good longevity. It’s also stylish and functional with some handmade quality that adds to the product. Definitely one to look at further if you’re exploring copper sink options.
- Design with the sink in mind. A copper sink will be the focal point of your kitchen. 75 inch braided...
- Commercial grade - 16 gauge pure solid copper 063 - 068 thickness
- Luxurious high-end undermount design creates a seamless look between sink and countertop
MR Direct 911 Offset Double Bowl Copper Kitchen Sink
MR Direct specialize in making attractive copper sinks and they’ve not missed a step with this stunningly designed product. The MR Direct 911 Offset Double Bowl Copper Kitchen Sink has been handmade and hand decorated by artisans for the best style possible. It’s made from solid copper with over 99% purity so you know the quality is guaranteed.
This kitchen sink is 33.5 inches long, 22.25 inches wide and 9.5 inches deep. This gives ample room for washing dishes and preparing food or letting pans soak as needed. The double bowl gives you a lot more options and while it is smaller it still gives you an effective second working space. The farmhouse front helps complete the look and means it works very well in traditional or transitional homes.
Mr Direct 911 Offset Double Sink Key Features:
- Quiet: MD Direct have taken, adapted and implemented the latest technology in kitchen sinks to make theirs more user friendly. Noise reduction pads have been applied to the base of the sink to limit the sound created by water hitting it. This is a useful feature for smaller homes and those with young children you don’t want to wake up accidentally.
- Handcrafted Design: The beauty of this kitchen sink really can’t be overstated. The metal is hand hammered and the intricate design on the front added last to complete it. It isn’t just that the design is so good, it’s just head and shoulders above most options in the kitchen sink industry and you no longer need to settle for the same look that everyone has.
- Unique Finish: A ‘living finish’ has been applied to the outer layer of copper on this kitchen sink which allows it to react to the surrounding atmosphere. This helps shape how the copper looks in the long run but also protects the metal, adding to the longevity of the piece.
Mr Direct 911 Double Sink Reviews:
With over 75% user satisfaction you can tell this is a product which meets customer needs. There are several common themes in the positive feedback as users seem to particularly enjoy the noise reduction feature and the overall style of the sink.
Some users seem unhappy with some of the hammering on the front of the sink which has given some inconsistencies. This will always be the case to a certain extent with handmade products but if you’re unsatisfied you should definitely raise it and claim against the warranty. This does only appear to be happening in a very small number of cases and generally users seem to appreciate the authenticity and value.
Mr Direct offer a full lifetime warranty on this product to cover it against any defects. As with any warranty, you should familiarize yourself with it fully before purchase, but it should cover any issues with the product.
Priced at around $800 this is one of the most expensive kitchen sinks, but for that price you’re getting a lot. It’s well made, uses good materials and has a look that really stands out. If you want something that will really add to your kitchen then this is probably it.
- Model Number: 911-STFL
- The Package Length of the Product is: 42.4 cm L
- The Package Width of the Product is: 72.4 cm W
Fossil Blu Luxury Copper Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
Fossil Blu are a well known brand in the kitchen improvements world, and have an impressive range of copper sinks available. The Fossil Blu Luxury Copper Farmhouse Kitchen Sink is a heavy, robust and reliable sink that’s made to outlast practically anything else in your kitchen. Alongside this it has all the attractive qualities of copper that help improve the look of your kitchen.
It’s 30 inches long, 22 inches wide and 11 inches deep making it one of the largest on our list. The depth of the sink is impressive and means you can use it for all manner of kitchen equipment. The whole piece has been hand hammered and there are heavily reinforced corners to help support the entire frame. This is certainly a sink that’s built for longevity.
Fossil Blu Key Features:
- 14 Gauge Copper: Fossil Blu have built this sink using very thick 14 gauge copper. This makes the whole sink much more durable and able to stand up to heavy use, there should also be very limited risk of scratching or denting the metal. The thickness of the copper also helps enhance the coloring of the copper, allowing the full red/pinkness to come through.
- Luxury Style: There is no doubt that this is a luxury kitchen sink. Everything about it screams premium quality and you are likely to get a lot of compliments in the weeks following installation. This luxury feel will help improve your whole kitchen to bring it all up to the next level.
- Reinforced Apron: This is a top mounted sink and a common issue can be that the rims are exposed on the counter top. Germs or bacteria can make their way under the surface and it can be difficult to clean. Fossil Blu have reinforced their rim so that it hugs more tightly to the surface. This helps limit the risk of dirt collecting underneath and add to the overall hygiene of your kitchen.
Fossil Blu Copper Reviews:
It’s actually very difficult to find any negative reviews about this product as it has over 95% customer satisfaction. The positive feedback praises how well built the whole sink is and users generally seem impressed by the heavy duty nature of the product. Users who own the product seem to be pleased with how long the sink lasts so despite the slightly higher price tag, it’s a more credible investment.
Fossil Blu stand behind this kitchen sink and offer a full lifetime warranty on it. This will cover the unit, and all the accessories, but won’t protect against user error or general wear and tear.
Priced at $700-800 you can easily see why this is good value. The strength of the materials, the quality of the construction and the overall look of the piece come together brilliantly and the end result is a sink you will genuinely be proud to own. If you like the style and want a sink that will really stand the test of time then this is one to consider.
- OUR COMPANY: Fossil Blu is a family-owned, American company with operations and CUSTOMER SERVICE...
- 12-GAUGE COPPER: With over 50 pounds of 99% pure copper, this 12-gauge sink is the thickest &...
- SPECIFICATIONS: Exterior: 33" L x 22" W x 9.75" H; Interior: 30” L x 19” W x 9.25” Deep;...
Monarch Abode 17090 Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
Monarch specialize in taking luxury items, like copper sinks, and making them affordable for everyone. The Monarch Abode single bowl kitchen sink is another simple design but still looks striking. It’s entirely handcrafted and hammered by hand to give the unique and rich texturing across the outside.
This kitchen sink is 17.5 inches long, 15.5 inches wide and 6.5 inches deep making it the smallest on the list. It’s well suited for a smaller home to replace the boring silver basin you might usually find. Despite being smaller it still has all the durability to deal with a high workload. It features solid copper and it’s made to stand the test of time.
Monarch Abode Key Features:
- Compact Design: A lot of copper sinks are made for their eye catching nature and are therefore larger. This sink is more compact and can work in small or medium sized homes without taking the whole piece over. It gives everyone the opportunity to own a copper sink no matter what size their kitchen.
- Good Quality Copper: The quality of your copper is important in determining how durable the sink will be. Monarch have used copper which is 99% pure (very high grade) and of 16 gauge thickness. This will allow it to keep functioning effectively for years.
- Hand Hammered: By hand hammering the outside of the sink, Monarch have produced a unique texture which not only looks good, but feels good too. By making sure there are eyes on the sink during production, and not just relying on machinery, it helps ensure the consistency of the product that leaves the door.
Monarch Abode Copper Sink Reviews:
This is another remarkably well received product with overwhelmingly positive feedback. Positive feedback from users shows that they love the copper quality and appreciate a small version that’s suitable for them. A very small number of users seem to have had an issue with chemical staining in the sink and this can happen if too strong a bleach or chemical cleaner is used. Make sure you only use light cleansers, or just soap, to avoid this issue with your sink.
Monarch offer a lifetime limited warranty on this sink. While this is industry standard it’s still good to see companies stand behind their products and from a customer perspective it helps provide that extra level of reassurance.
One of the most impressive features of this product is the price. This copper sink is available for under $200, and while it is smaller than some alternatives it still offers some fantastic value. If you’re interested in a copper sink but also like a bargain, this could be the one for you.
- HANDCRAFTED HIGH QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: The Monarch Abode Pure Copper Hand Hammered Highball Dual...
- VERSATILE DUAL MOUNT DESIGN: The bar sink has a dual mount design for flexible and easy...
- STYLISH APPEARANCE AND DESIGN: The single bowl kitchen sink is enhanced with hand hammered...
Durability of Copper Sinks
Copper is known for being one of the most durable materials around when it comes to copper sinks. The metal is strong enough to deal with heavy wear and tear, meaning heavy pans won’t cause any issues. Plus, copper is naturally resistant to corrosion and rust making it extremely durable in a fast paced kitchen. Copper sinks are therefore extremely durable and very popular with homeowners.
The quality of the copper will play a big role in determining the durability of your sink, and ultimately how long it will last. As with any material if you don’t get the right specification then you can end up with something much worse than you bargained for. It’s important to consider the copper purity when looking at options.
A high quality copper sink will use metal that is 99% copper and 1% zinc. Some cheaper options may contain mercury or other metals but look for purity in order to get the quality.
On top of purity you should consider the thickness of the metal. This is referred to as the gauge and the lower the gauge the thicker the metal. Thinner copper will not only be more susceptible to damage but can also mean that when struck with water it will make a loud, tinny noise. For the best durability you should aim for 14 or 16 gauge copper.
Overall, copper is a very durable material that should give your sink a long life and provide you with some good value. Make sure you take the time to examine the quality of the metal before purchase to get the most from your sink.
Advantages of Copper Sinks
Copper sinks offer some unique advantages to other materials that make them a real asset to your home. This includes:
- Hygienic Material: Copper has been proven to have a natural antibacterial quality that helps deal with germs that can build up in your kitchen. Copper helps kill bacteria on the surface which will prevent any potential harm to you and your family.
- Easy to Maintain: One of the most common myths about copper sinks is that they are difficult to maintain. In fact, if you get copper with the right finish then the opposite can be true. You should only need soap and water to get the job done and maintaining a copper sink really isn’t hard work compared to other materials.
- Customizable: A lot of copper sinks are actually made by hand. This generally makes the more customizable to fit your own specific needs and tastes, allowing you to get the sink you really want for your home.
- Attractive Design: Stainless steel sinks are all the rage at the moment, but copper offers a much more distinctive and elegant look. Copper stands out and the coloring can help a room seem warmer and brighter. It works well in all homes but will especially enhance a traditional set up. Copper just has more character and by fitting the right copper sink it’s been shown that house prices can actually increase, proving it’s a worthwhile investment.
Brands that Product Copper Sinks
Copper sinks are often slightly more expensive than other materials and there are a lot of specialist providers which manufacture them. Companies like Sinkology have a lot of experience crafting copper sinks for the home which are stylish and effective. You can also look at other specialists like Miseno.
Alongside these specialists you can also explore the big name brands as they will often have a specific range of copper sinks. These may be cheaper, but if you want the best quality it’s always worth going to a specialist.
Final Thoughts on Copper Sinks
Getting the right sink for your home is absolutely crucial. Given the amount of time you spend in the kitchen, and over the sink, you really want to make sure you’ve got the best sink that meets your needs and functions effectively. You also want a stylish kitchen sink that can bring the whole room together.
Copper kitchen sinks have the qualities needed to really enhance your home. The materials themselves are durable and able to deal with even hard working kitchens. It’s a material that will last a long time, allowing you to get the most use from your sink in the long run. Similar to Cast Iron, these sinks are built to last.
Above all that, copper sinks are just more stylish than alternatives. They offer something with some real distinctive character, and in the age of mass produced products it’s nice to see something that stands out from the crowd.
A copper sink can transform your home and add a lot of value to your kitchen area. If you’re considering a renovation, or just fancy a change, then you should definitely consider the copper sinks on this list first. You may just find the one that’s a perfect upgrade for your home.
Brett E. is the Owner of BarterDesign.co. Brett comes from a long line of craftsman and foreman, and has been involved with the construction and renovation world ever since he was a boy while working for his families construction and remodeling company. After graduating with a a degree in Interior Design, Brett is the go to guy for any interior design or remodeling questions!