As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Things that function effectively last a lot longer. It’s a fact I know but I don’t always pay attention to it. By ensuring I have the best ball valve from the start I can limit my problems down the line and save myself a lot of time.
Unless I’m a specialist I might not always know the parts I need, especially if I’m attempting a DIY job. Thankfully in the modern digital world I can quickly go online, find what I need and browse around to find it.
That’s the case with ball valves. A great thing about modern ball valves is you don’t have to mess with crimp tools or wrenches as much as you used to.
Table Of Contents
Best Ball Valves & Reviews
I’ve had a look around and have sourced some of the best ball valves around so you don’t have to do the leg work. I’ve found three quality ball valves with different features so if you’re in need of a ball valve then look for further.
SharkBite 22222-0000LF Ball Valve
Sharkbite are a well known brand who have designed and developed parts that are now used globally. They’ve developed a reputation for creating parts that simply work which is ultimately what you need from a product like this. Durable and reliable it’s exactly what you’d expect.
- Easy Installation: This fitting is designed so it can be installed even in tight spaces. It can be installed without any tools, solder or glue and will tighten by hand to the point where you can still put your faith in it.
- Compatible With Most: The Sharkbite ball valve can be used with a number of different types of pipe. It’s compatible with Copper, PEX, CPVC & PE-RT pipes or any combination of the above. This makes the Sharkbite a great choice for any project as it works will all types of pipe.
- Extremely Durable: A shut off valve needs to be durable and Sharkbite didn’t disappoint. Their product has been tested for up to 200 degrees and 200 PSI so even tough conditions won’t cause an issue.
Whether you’re a work man using this industrially or in a residence you’ll find that this is a well made and reliable product. If you need a reliable shut off valve then SharkBite 22222-0000LF has you covered.
SharkBite 22187-0000LF Ball Valve
This Sharkbite valve has all the quality of the rest of the product range and has been designed with specific uses in mind. It’s a 1 inch by 1 inch female application which is suitable for commercial or residential plumbing.
This is exactly what you need for any potable water or hydronic heating system. Its simple to install and to replace a different product as it can just be clicked into place. It’s push to connect on one end with an NPT at the other.
This product has all the same advantages of the other Sharkbite ball valve and can be used on a variety of materials and pipes. It can be installed even more simply that the other with a push on end. Made from brass it’s durable and reliable.
Mueller Ball Valve
Mueller are another well known brand for their quality of product. Professionals in the industry will be familiar with the different products available but each of them has been designed with a specific purpose in mind. The Mueller Ball Valve is made from solid brass and designed to be installed easily with no fuss at all.
- Extreme Durability: Tested up to 600 PSI and able to withstand 194 degree heat the Mueller ball valve isn’t taking any prisoners. It’s robust and reliable.
- Rust Resistant: The valve is built to be rust resistant and has a vinyl handle so it’s easy to turn. The whole valve will stand up well to the test of time with no issues.
- Complete Control: The Mueller Ball Valve allows you to take full control of the flow and you can shut off and restart with ease. Be sure to look for any noticeable wear on the handle and replace immediately.
The Mueller Ball is made to be resilient and does the job of a shut off valve extremely well. If you’re in need of a ball valve professionally or residentially then Mueller might be the way to go.
What Is a Ball Valve?
For anyone who isn’t a plumbing or machinery specialist you might not have heard of a ball valve. A ball valve is the most common type of shut off valve and it’s used in any machinery where liquid or gas might flow.
It’s a necessity for a lot of machinery and equipment and something you can’t do without. If you are looking for a manifold for your plumbing needs then visit my pex manifold reviews guide.
Why Is a Ball Valve Important?
Ball valves are used to control the flow of liquids of gases through them. Without this they can travel freely which can cause ultimately cause safety issues. In industrial work places ball valves are used in all kinds of machinery and if they aren’t, or aren’t fitted right you’d see disastrous consequences.
Beyond safety they’re also used to maintain the equipment. Without it the machinery can be worn down a lot more quickly and become less useful. Let’s just say ball valves are incredibly important.
A ball valve can also save you time and cash if you need to turn off the water to your dishwasher without turning off the whole house water system!
But let’s face it, if you’re looking for ball valves you probably already have at least some understanding of what they do.
Where Can I Find Ball Valves?
There are a number of places you can get ball valves from but the most convenient is definitely online. They offer a range of ball valves at competitive pricing. With fast delivery it’s the practical and cost saving alternative to visiting a hardware store.
Final Thoughts on Ball Valves
Ball Valves are a very important bit of kit and shut off valves are needed in various equipment. All of these products are incredibly simply to install and use and have been tested under a lot of pressure. This makes them suitable for most uses and you can’t really go wrong with any of them.
Overall picking the best ball valve is extremely important and will help to make sure that you have no future problems involved with your plumbing!