If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Everyone has their own unique shower routine, but we all know it’s about a lot more than just getting clean. Your shower is your escape from the busy life, the stresses of the day and it’s your opportunity to get clear your head even if just for 15 minutes.
Handheld Shower Heads With Slide Bars Comparison Table
Table Of Contents
- Handheld Shower Heads With Slide Bars Comparison Table
- Best Slider Bar Handheld Shower Head Reviews
- Waterpik VSS-563MT Series Shower Head
- Pulse 1011-III-BN Kauai III Shower System
- Moen 3669EP Handheld Showerhead
- AquaDance Chrome Shower Head
- PULSE ShowerSpas 1019-CH Aqua Rain Shower System
- Delta Faucet 57530 Shower Head With Slide Bar
- Final Thoughts on Slide Bar Shower Heads
Showers are certainly now an essential part of daily life and the technology just keeps improving year on year. There are thousands of companies around the world with hundreds of varieties of showers designed to make life easier and the features they’ve built in make showering a much better experience.
Slider bars are a common feature with showers which allow you to adapt it to your preferences. They let you slide the shower head up, or down, so it’s at the perfect height. This is really useful if you’re tall or short, or for those with disabilities. It’s also essential if you’re using showers with extra massage features because if the spray is too far away you won’t feel it.
Best Slider Bar Handheld Shower Head Reviews
This Waterpik shower head offers a great combination of style and functionality with some great features that make life easier. It’s made with a modern look which makes it especially well suited for new homes or recently renovated bathrooms. The fully adjustable nature of the shower head makes it really useful for a busy home and those with young kids or pets that need a good clean!
It’s made with a chrome finish which gives it the attractive clean silver look. The chrome finish gives increased protection from scratches and dents, plus it’s resistant to rust or corrosion which can occur in the bathroom environment. It has a 4.5 inch face with self cleaning jet nozzles built in. This gives a wide area of high pressure spray. Let’s take a closer look at what makes this shower head stand out:
Waterpik VSS-563MT Slider Bar Shower Key Features:
- Magnetic Bracket: The Waterpik shower head features a magnetic bracket which allows you to slide the shower up or down with ease. The magnetic bracket is made to last and should last the whole life of the product without issue.
- 18 Inch Range: The stainless steel slide bar is 18 inches long. This is much longer than some other models and allows it to be fully adjusted to meet the user needs. For tall or short users this is a really good feature that makes the shower head much more versatile. On top of the range of the slider, this shower head has a really long hose. It can reach up to 5 feet which makes it really well suited if you’re going to be washing your pets, or using it in other ways. Again, this adds to the versatility of the shower head.
- Durable Design: Waterpik have put a lot of work into building this shower head. Each individual component is made to be durable and the whole unit is made from either stainless steel or chrome. The magnetic strip is also long lasting, and the end result is a shower head that should last several years at a minimum. This adds to the overall value of the product.
- Easy Installation: One of the great features of this model is how easy it is to get set up. It comes with everything you need to fit it yourself and you shouldn’t need any professional assistance. This should ultimately save you time and money and let you use your new shower head as soon as possible.
Before buying any product like this, it’s always worth checking out the reviews to see what other customers are saying. This also means you don’t just have to take our word for it. Users of this shower head are giving a lot of positive feedback. A lot of positive feedback is around the easy installation, and people who own the product seem pleased that they didn’t have to use a drill or other tools. Others seem to appreciate how well the magnetic slider works and that it won’t get stuck like other shower heads do. Overall users have given this showerhead 4.3 stars out of 5, which is really encouraging.
Waterpik have offered customer protection with this product by including a lifetime limited warranty. This covers all the different components within the shower head from any manufacturing or construction issues, but doesn’t cover any wear and tear damage.
Priced at under $80, there’s a lot of good reasons to consider this shower head. It’s very useful in almost any home and designed to be fully adaptable to the user. On top of this it’s made to last, so at this price it offers some very good value. Definitely one to consider.
The Pulse Kauai III shower system is another level to some alternative shower heads out there. Even just looking at it you can see it’s a cut above, with a more intricate design and a much more premium feel than alternatives. Again, this is a fully adjustable shower head that you can position as you need it, making it a real asset for busy homes. This model has two shower heads. A rainfall shower at the top and a handheld adjustable shower head on the body of the unit.
There’s even a soap dish built onto the shower system to make life easier. The rainfall shower has an 8 inch head which gives a lot of coverage, and the handheld shower is a fairly standard 3.5 inches. The whole unit is made from brass, with a brushed nickel finish. This not only gives a distinctive, premium look but also offers greater protection from water damage or staining. This is definitely an impressive piece, let’s explore some of the key features.
Pulse 1011-BN Kauai III Slide Bar Key Features:
- Huge Reach: Probably the best feature of this shower head is how versatile it is. It has a sidebar which means you can move the shower head up and down as needed, plus the 8 inch rainfall shower gives an impressive spray area. The hose for the handheld shower head is 59 inches long, which is impressive, and means you can use it for a range of features.
- 5 Functions: This showerhead can be used in a number of different ways and has 5 different functions. You’re able to toggle between them easily, plus you can even use the handheld shower and rainfall shower at the same time without any issues. This shower head is perfect for those who just want to relax at the end of the day, with plenty of options for soothing aching muscles and relieving stress.
- Easy Maintenance: On top of the functionality, this is one of the easiest shower heads to maintain. The nozzles themselves are self cleaning and resistant to limescale which means you can wipe them clean with minimal effort. The nick plating on the base of the unit makes it resistant to staining and again, means you need minimal cleaning.
- Simple Installation: The Pulse shower head is surface mounted and completely pre plumbed. This essentially means it’s ready to go as soon as it arrives and you’ll just need to attach it in the bathroom. You shouldn’t need any professional assistance which will save you time and money.
So what does the user feedback say? Well over 80% of users are really pleased with the Pulse shower head and seem impressed with the features. Specific compliments have been made about the easy installation and how well the rainfall shower works. Customers have also highlighted how well suited this model is for individuals who are over 6 foot, because it’s all fully adjustable. Overall there isn’t a lot of negative feedback and this shower head is considered one of the best.
Pulse offer a 3 year limited warranty on their shower head. This isn’t as long as some other brands, but still gives some protection to the buyer. This will cover all the different parts of the shower head and you can contact Pulse’s customer service team directly to get replacements if needed. Always remember to fully read the warranty agreement before purchase to avoid issues down the line.
Moen have produced a shower head here that’s really stylish. They’re one of the leading brands in the industry and are always pushing forward. They’ve developed their unique construction style and added a lot of benefits into this shower head. So even though it’s compact, there’s still a lot beneath the surface.
This handheld shower has a chrome finish applied to the whole piece. This offers protection from rust and limescale while giving it a clean modern look. Moen haven’t thrown a whole load of bells and whistles into this product, but have instead opted to keep it simple. It’s incredibly easy to use and has just one shower head that is adjustable using the sidebar. The shower face is only 3.2 inches, but the jet spray nozzles offer great water pressure to help you get clean and relaxed at the end of the day.
Moen 3669EP Slide Bar Shower Head Key Features:
- High Powered: The nozzles on this Moen shower head are set out slightly differently. The two layers of nozzles help give an even spray but offer a great deal of power for a small shower head. This is another example of how Moen have taken their unique designs and incorporated them to bring real benefit to the user.
- Compact Design: The Moen 3669 EP shower head is made smaller than other models but it’s still just as effective. It’s well suited for smaller homes or bathrooms meaning you don’t have to settle for an inferior product just because you don’t have the space for larger models.
- Long Hose = Long Reach: The hose for this shower head is 69 inches long which is really impressive. The reach means you can practically clean the other side of the bathroom with it, and makes it useful for households with pets that need regularly cleaning.
- Water Efficient: At just 1.75 gpm, this shower head doesn’t use a lot of water at all. To put that in perspective, most shower heads are around 2.5gpm or more, so you can expect to save money on your water bills.
Overall this shower head is getting 4.1 stars out of 5 which is really high in such a competitive market. The feedback suggests users are pleased with the product and the premium nature without the premium price tag. In the age of showers with 16 different functions and 3 different shower heads, Moen have opted for a simpler and easier to use product. This has gone down well judging from the user feedback with lots of reviews praising the simplicity. Generally, this product seems very highly thought of and it’s offering some great value.
Moen offers a limited lifetime warranty on all of their products including this shower head. This protects all the different components for the full life of the shower head, but do be aware this might not be valid if you move home and take the shower head with you. Always read the full terms and conditions before buying so you know exactly what’s covered and what isn’t.
At around $120 this is a very affordable shower. Moen make a wide range of bathroom products and you can see the quality they’ve put into this model. There’s a lot of value to be had here at this price and this is a shower which should almost certainly stand the test of time. Definitely one to look closer at if you like the style.
AquaDance are well known for their bathroom equipment. They’ve built their reputation by creating user friendly, quality products which are affordable. This shower head fits that description well, and they’ve put a lot into it while keeping the cost low. On top of the features it’s well designed and will look good in any modern bathroom.
This is a dual head shower with a handheld adjustable head and a rainfall shower above you. The rainfall head is 6 inches across, giving a wide spray area, and the handheld shower head lets you focus the spray for deeper cleaning. The whole shower is made from tough ABS plastic and has a chrome finish to protect from rust, denting or scratching. It also gives it a distinctive silver look which helps to bring your whole bathroom together.
AquaDance 3370 Slide Bar Shower Head Key Features:
- 6 Different Settings: This shower head can be used in a lot of different ways. The two shower heads can be used independently, or even all at once, giving you 3-way combination action. The shower head has 6 different functions; Overhead Rainfall, Power Rain, Pulsating Massage, Hydrating Mist, Rain/Mist, Rain/Massage and Water-saving Pause mode. It’s essentially the premium spa experience in the comfort of your own home.
- Tool Free Installation: This isn’t just an easy shower to use, it’s an easy one to set up. The whole shower comes with all the connections you need which can simply be attached by hand. That means you can get set up in under 5 minutes, and you won’t need to get the plumber round.
- Wipe Clean Nozzles: AquaDance always look to incorporate features that make life a bit easier. The shower is easy to clean and won’t stain easily. On top of this, AquaDance have incorporated self cleaning jet nozzles which are resistant to limescale so you can simply wipe them clean.
So what are the reviews saying? Well 89% of users seem pleased with their purchase and the main benefit they are seeing is the high water pressure. Considering it’s only 2.5gpm water flow that’s pretty impressive, and means you’ll get a high pressure shower without a high water bill. Other users seem really pleased with the look and feel of the product, and are impressed at how easy it is to install. Overall, very positive feedback from buyers.
The AquaDance chrome shower head comes with a lifetime limited warranty. This covers all the parts of the shower for the lifespan of the product, but won’t cover against accidental damage or wear and tear. This is really positive from a user perspective and gives good protection to the buyer.
Priced at under $60, this shower head really is a steal. It’s got all the features and built quality you would expect from a premium product, but it’s suitable for all budgets. The 3 way combo shower makes it even more attractive and brings an element of spa luxury into the home. Definitely one to look at if you want to upgrade your bathroom at low cost.
PULSE are shower specialists and for anyone who knows much about bathroom fittings, it’s not surprise their products have featured on the list more than once. This is another really good looking model. It’s made to fit well in modern bathrooms, but unlike others on the list it has a more traditional feel making it suitable for most homes. The curves, style and power behind this product really make it stand out.
This is another dual shower system with a rainfall shower head and a handheld shower head. The 8 inch rainfall head provides greater spray coverage than a lot of other models, plus has 5 different functions. It’s made from brass, with a chrome finish to give extra protection and the silver look. It features a 59 inch stainless steel hose which gives it a lot of versatility. PULSE have also incorporated all of their unique technology into the product to make it perform even better for the user.
Pulse 1019-CH Key Features:
- 5 Function Hand Held Shower: The PULSE 1019-CH shower has 5 different features available. The massage settings are perfect for those who carry a lot of stress, and if you’ve had a long day you can use the rain mist setting to unwind. You can also easily switch between the rainfall and handheld shower heads by using the diverter on the slide bar.
- Spray Straight Technology: PULSE have developed their unique Spray Straight technology. This is used in the shower heads to make sure all the individual jet nozzles spray straight and don’t get tilted over time. This helps keep the spray as powerful and consistent as possible.
- Range of Models: Getting the right shower is about finding out which meets your needs as closely as possible. This PULSE shower is available in a range of different models, allowing you to find the design which best suits your existing set up. Always a plus when choosing something which should last you a long time.
- Simple to Fit: Like other showers on the list, this one is very easy to fit. It’s pre-plumbed and surface mounted so in under 30 minutes you should be good to go, with no need for professional assistance.
This reviews of this shower are also very positive, with over 95% of buyers satisfied with their purchase. Owners of the shower seem really impressed with the heavy duty nature of the product, and quality that’s been built in. A lot of buyers also seem really impressed with the aesthetics of the shower head and how well it looks in the home. Overall there’s a lot of positive feedback about this model and it’s pretty clear why.
PULSE offer a lifetime limited warranty with this shower head. This covers all the different components and fittings that come as standard for as long as you own the product. A lot of other manufacturers only offer a few years cover, so this is good protection for the buyer.
Priced at around $150-175 this is more expensive than some other showers but it offers a lot of premium quality. Made from nickel, with a chrome finish, it’s robust and made to last so the money spent is more like an investment. A really well made product with a lot of useful features, definitely one to consider.
This shower instantly stands out with a very modern design. Unlike the others on the list it doesn’t have a round face, made instead with a shower bar, which still gives ample coverage. This is a simpler shower with only a single setting but one that still adds a lot to the home and has a lot of quality.
Made entirely from chrome, with a chrome finish, this is an elegant shower. The materials offer a lot of protection which means it will last longer even after heavy use. The handheld shower bar is 4.7 inches long and can be positioned to give a very wide spray area. Delta know how to make a quality shower and it really shows here.
Delta 57530 Handheld Slide Bar Shower Head Key Features:
- Extra Long Hose: This shower is built with an 82 inch extendable metal hose. This is far longer than other showers meaning you can use it for a lot more than just showering. This is really useful for cleaning pets, or kids, who are difficult to keep hold of.
- Fully Adjustable: As well as the extra long hose, this shower has a 24 inch slide bar. This lets you position the shower head exactly as needed and means it works well for very tall or very short users. Please note that the slide bar shouldn’t be used as a handle or grab rail or it may break off.
- Efficient Water Use: Nobody wants a shower that adds to their water bills, so Delta has made this an efficient model. At just 2.0gpm flow, the water use is limited but it still provides a consistent powerful spray. Really useful for those with busy homes and lots of people showering.
With 85% user satisfaction there’s a lot of positive feedback about this shower. Users seem really impressed with the powerful spray and the volume of water that comes out. On top of this, those who own the product really appreciate the long hose and in fact it’s very popular with homes who have pets that need cleaning. Overall, a lot of positive feedback for this product which is encouraging.
In case of any problems with the shower head you’re protected with Delta’s lifetime limited warranty. This covers each of the individual components against any defects but won’t cover your standard damage from use. A lifetime warranty is great for the user and gives a lot of protection to the buyer.
Priced at around $200, it isn’t the cheapest shower on the market but it’s still affordable. Delta have used premium materials and used their advanced techniques to make a solid product that should last a long time. Plus it’s backed up with a lifetime warranty. This shower is perfect for a modern, busy home and if you like the look you should definitely consider using it to upgrade your bathroom.
Final Thoughts on Slide Bar Shower Heads
So what makes a good shower? For handheld shower heads you need versatility first and foremost. All of the selected models on our list feature an adjustable slide bar which lets you customise the height of the unit, plus they also all have long, extendable hoses which allow you to use them in a range of ways.
Quality is always important in any product. This list has some of the best quality products in the low/mid price range, with solid materials and brands that are known for their construction quality. This not only means you can be more confident with the products, you also have more reassurance they’ll stand the test of time. Ultimately this means a better investment in your home.
All of the shower heads on this list offer some great value. The prices do vary slightly so it’s worth having a clear idea of what your budget is to help narrow down the choices. Any of these showers will add something to your home and ultimately make showering more enjoyable. So take your time, explore the choices and hopefully you’ll find the right fit for you and your family.
Brett E. is the Owner of BarterDesign.co. Brett comes from a long line of craftsman and foreman, and has been involved with the construction and renovation world ever since he was a boy while working for his families construction and remodeling company. After graduating with a a degree in Interior Design, Brett is the go to guy for any interior design or remodeling questions!