As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As I approach the Summer I can start to reap the benefits of longer days and better weather. For some people that means relaxing in the sun, but for the rest it means I have to get my garden in order first.
Speaking of gardens, if you are preparing your garden with rocky soil, then you need to select the best rototiller for rocky soil rather than using a regular rototiller.
Mowing the lawn is the first thing you need to get done, but as well know it can be a really boring and time consuming task. If you don’t have the right equipment it can lead to uneven cutting and patchy grass that can frankly be embarrassing to have on display.
While a lot of people are still using standard mowers, riding mowers are growing in popularity. They offer a different way of cutting the grass which is more consistent and less effort. Let’s find explore what makes a good riding lawn mower.
Table Of Contents
What Makes a Good Riding Lawn Mower?
There’s a lot of choice out there when you’re selecting your mower. Hundreds of different companies are now producing similar products and online you’ll find a large range of choice. When it comes to finding a good riding mower, this is what I look for:
- Quality Craftsmanship: Quality is always crucial, and with riding mowers the quality is linked to the power of the product. You want a good engine underneath the hood that can deliver results and will also stand the test of time. Remember, a powerful motor is good, but the larger the motor the more expensive the mower. If you have a smaller lawn you may decide to compromise and opt for a smaller mower.
- Ease of Use: The main reason I buy riding mowers is because they offer an easier solution to grass cutting. Unfortunately not all riding mowers are easy to use and you’ll want to make sure you find one that handles well and isn’t a nightmare to get set up. The best mowers will be simple, but effective.
- Additional Features: Like with all products you should always look out for models which have built in extra features. These aren’t always necessary, are nice additions that make life easier. Some riding mowers are built with larger fuel capacity, or tighter turn arcs. These features can be really useful and are worth looking out for.
Husqvarna Lawn Mowers
Husqvarna are leading manufacturers of outdoor power products. They specialise in creating innovative solutions for common outdoor problems, helping make it easier to care for gardens, forests and parks.
The company is growing quickly. Their primary market was in Europe, but has now expanded further afield. They’ve quickly made a name for themselves in the USA and by 2020 it’s expected that they will be market leaders for riding mowers and other outdoor power equipment.
Husqvarna pride themselves on putting the customer first. While that’s something I do hear a lot of companies say, Husqvarna do seem to be living up to it. Their products have been directly shaped by customer feedback and they routinely update their range to include extra features that make life easier. They stock good quality products and back them up with strong warranties. If you hadn’t heard of Husqvarna before then they are definitely one to remember for the future.
Husqvarna yth22v46 Review!
The Husqvarna riding lawn mower is 69 inches long and 56.5 inches wide. It has a 15 inch seat which is fully adjustable unlike other mowers. It also features an ergonomic steering wheel for user comfort. It’s made with a 46 inch adjustable cutting mount that allows you to select the height of your grass between 1.5 inches and 4 inches. The mower can travel up to 5.5mph going forward and 2.5mph in reverse making it fairly nippy (for a mower).
It’s designed to be an effective solution for maintaining your garden, and it’s suitable for every season. It offers a good balance of quality and efficiency which makes it an attractive prospect to those with a large or small budget. Here are some key features of the Husqvarna yth22v46 riding lawn mower.
- CompactSize: This riding lawn mower is compact. Husqvarna have deliberately chosen to make this model smaller than alternatives because it makes the whole mower much easier to control. It’s easy to maneuver even in tight spaces and takes up less storage space.
- Versatile: As well as being easy to handle, the Husqvarna riding mower works well on most surfaces. It’s designed specifically to be effective on uneven and difficult terrain. Not only will the riding lawn mower move well on rough ground, it will keep the cutter at a steady height. This helps ensure a consistent height to even the most challenging lawns.
- Powerful Engine: The Husqvarna riding lawn mower features a 22 hp Briggs and Stratton® Intek V-Twin™ engine. This is remarkably powerful and more than enough for any lawn mower. It allows you to plow on ahead through your lawn without risking any dip in performance. This mower has a 2.5 gallon fuel capacity which lets you keep the engine running for hours at a time. One tank has enough fuel for you to mow 2 football fields worth of grass in one go.
- Easy to Clean: A really useful feature that’s worth noting is the easy clean function. The riding lawn mower has a deck wash port that you can connect up to your faucet and hose. This links up to the blades and once you turn the water on it will feed into the system and clean the underside of the mower.
Why You Need the Husqvarna YTH22V46:
So what really makes this riding mower stand out from the competition? For me it’s the 46-inch cutting deck. This is made to be the optimal size to efficiently take care of your lawn. Air induction technology is used to help keep the cutting consistent and prevent any uneven patches. Unlike some larger units, this riding mower has just two blades making it easier to maintain and less expensive in the long run if parts need to be replaced.
The other really stand out benefit of this mower is just how it can be used on tight spaces. The compact size and 16 inch turn radius make this mower really effective. It maneuvers brilliantly and there’s also a cruise control feature so you can maintain a constant speed.
It’s clear that this riding lawn mower has been built with the user in mind. It isn’t the fanciest model but it’s exactly what a modern home with a modest size lawn needs. It handles well, does the job and is easy to maintain. This makes it perfectly suited for a busy household who don’t necessarily have a lot of time for gardening.
Husqvarna YTH22V46 Warranty:
Husqvarna offer a 3 year ‘bumper to bumper’ warranty on their riding mower. This is slightly above the industry standard and offers a good level of protection. This covers the full product from any construction or material faults, but doesn’t cover any damage from standard wear and tear. This offers an extra level of reassurance when buying the product that you’ll be protected if anything goes wrong.
YTH22V46 Price Point:
For an average riding mower with these features you would expect to pay anything between $2500-3000. This riding mower is available from $1700, which is really good value considering what’s under the hood and how well it’s been made. There are at least 12 different models available, each priced slightly differently, so be sure to check out the range so you get the best value.
Customer Reviews of Husqvarna YTH22V46
There’s a lot of customer feedback out there about this mower and it’s clear to see that overall users are happy with the product. Over 70% of feedback is positive and there is a lot of feedback to suggest that this is a good value product. Customers seem specifically pleased by the power and utility of the mower and how easy it is to use.
A common criticism of the product seems to be how it’s delivered and some customers have clearly had bad experiences. Of course this down to the distributor, not the manufacturer, but when you receive your mower be sure to carefully check the whole product before signing for it. If there are any issues you should contact the vendor you purchased it from immediately.
Final Thoughts on the Husqvarna YTH22V46 Riding Lawn Mower
The Husqvarna riding mower is one of the best on the market in this price range. The combination of useful features, powerful build choices and innovative design all make this a mower than works remarkably well. Choosing a riding lawn mower isn’t always easy, and at the end of the day it’s an investment.
The positive user feedback and 3 year warranty help give that extra level of reassurance that it can perform as needed and won’t let you down. This is definitely a mower to consider and at this price point it offers some excellent value.
If you aren’t interested in doing the work required in mowing your own lawn, I have you covered as well! Check out YourGreenPal, and find lawn professionals in your area and save money!